My photo
Sedona, Arizona, United States
~Adventure Seeker ~ Animal Lover ~ Lifetime Learner ~ Battling Lyme ~ Contact: emily.sukiennik@me.com

Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions for 2010



* Learn to be content and happy alone (don't base happiness on others!)*
* Live in the moment, every day! Learn to see that's there's always something beautiful if you just look*
*  NO EXPECTATIONS - LET IT BE*
*Don't make excuses, just do it (in terms of highlining of course)*

One of my New Year's Resolutions for 2010 is to learn to be comfortable and happy alone. On Christmas this year, because I couldn't be home for the holiday's, I took my dog to the park and watched her dig holes (she put on quite the show), drove around blasting random music that I love (Radiohead & The National specifically), sat on top of Indian Rock in Berkeley to watch the sunset, and went out for a drink with friends. I actually allowed myself to have fun alone; it's seems that I've realized one of the secrets to life!
Happiness comes from within....wherever you are, in that moment.