My photo
Sedona, Arizona, United States
~Adventure Seeker ~ Animal Lover ~ Lifetime Learner ~ Battling Lyme ~ Contact: emily.sukiennik@me.com

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recent Turn of Events!

Instead of continuing on with life as planned, I've recently decided to hike the Appalachain Trail this Spring/Summer/Fall! How crazy is that? AlphaMike asked me to hike it with him, and my gut reaction was YES! So, why not? I'm a believer in following your gut, and I've always wanted to experience pure simplicity, freedom from society, absolute connection with nature, and living at it's most basic form. I'm beyond psyched for this experience.....but also quite nervous about the physical difficulty. I've always been an athlete, so I know I can do it. I guess I'm referring more to the mental struggle it will take to keep going for 2,178 miles. Eek!! This will be a life changing experience, no doubt about it. The cool thing about it, too, is that I'll end up in the northeast and I'll get to see my family! Yahooeeey!

Here is a picture/map of the trail. We're starting at the end of March/Beginning of April and it should take approximately 5 months. We're going South ---> North (well, so far that's the plan). More details to come!