My photo
Sedona, Arizona, United States
~Adventure Seeker ~ Animal Lover ~ Lifetime Learner ~ Battling Lyme ~ Contact: emily.sukiennik@me.com

Saturday, February 12, 2011

ISPO 2011

Germany!!! What a cool place. I just got back a few days ago from the ISPO Trade Show in Munich. Mike, Me, Andy, and Frankie were flown over from the US for the event and to compete in the competition. This was my first time competing in a big comp, and it was against all guys except for Elli! We both did super well  and I think it was a big step for women in slacklining :) Elli came in fourth place!! And, I made it to the semi-finals. Below is a video of me competing against Mike in the semi-finals (yes, my boyfriend Mike). We start competing at 7:08 (first is Andy Lewis vs. Frankie Najera).



I had such an amazing time. It was my first time in a country that speaks a foreign language, and also my first time on the mainland of Europe (I have been to England, but that's different). It was so neat to see how different the culture is! EVERYTHING was different. The chairs, the tables, the signs, the food.....I was constantly in awe. I am so glad that I got to go, and now I just want to go back and explore! Now I understand why so many people backpack around Europe. I never really understood before why Europe was so popular, but it's just so diverse! I can't wait to travel there again.

Here are some choice pictures from the event!

Tippy toes ;-)

Making it to the Semi-finals!

Me competing against Mikey :)

Party!!

Me crowd surfing!

Winners! 1st - Andy 2nd- Momo 3rd- Mike

Elli in competition!
 
Atomic butt bounce