My photo
Sedona, Arizona, United States
~Adventure Seeker ~ Animal Lover ~ Lifetime Learner ~ Battling Lyme ~ Contact: emily.sukiennik@me.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Life goals

It's been a while since I've taken the time to write about my life. I've been busy focusing on improving myself and the way that I look at life. I'm sure I'm not the only one that often finds myself coasting along, each day being just another day rather than the most beautiful gift we've been given. It's hard to look at life like that all the time, but I want to try. I want to be filled with joy and gratitude for being alive rather than forgetting  how lucky I am to have the opportunity. When live becomes mundane and repetitive I lose my passion, and so I've been trying to include a lot of different things into my day. Such as : good food, taking photograph's, listening to my favorite music, spending time with my dog, laughing, actually getting to know someone, and driving around town with the windows down and music blasting.....right now mostly Florence and the Machine and Grace Potter ;-) I know these things help me see the beauty in the world.....I just need to remember to do them!

I have some goals as well that I really want to accomplish by the end of the summer. I want to beat my highline and longline personal records. I want to walk AT LEAST a150 foot highline (for me, this is really difficult.....I just need to relax while I'm out there, the longer the line is the longer you have to maintain focus.....and so far I've gotten out to the middle of the 150 and lost my focus and fell). For longline, I want to walk AT LEAST a 500 footer. Right now I've walked 413, and I know I can keep pushing.

Some other goals are: to make it into the top 3 at the first annual Gibbon Games at Outdoor Retailer. I know that I can do this....I just need to start training ;-) Also, I am saving up for a van that I can start traveling in. It's time. I am so ready to get out there and start living day to day in completely new places with new people and new experiences. I've been dreaming of this for a long time, so now it's just a matter of saving up the money.

Anyway! Thanks for reading. I've included a few pics I've taken recently (and a couple taken of me) that I LOVE.  I'll write again soon and hopefully by then I'll have reached some of my goals :)

Me working on the 150 footer (i fell in the middle and then tried to get back up and walk back)

Ryan Matson working on a 5.13 in Mill Creek. This is after his recent ankle injury ( he's killin it!)

Some flowers that I love.

Mike sending the 150 like a champ ;-)

Me again on one of my attempts.

Bouldering at Big Bend :)