My photo
Sedona, Arizona, United States
~Adventure Seeker ~ Animal Lover ~ Lifetime Learner ~ Battling Lyme ~ Contact: emily.sukiennik@me.com

Friday, June 10, 2011

Why do we slackline?

I recently took the time to take a poll on facebook....Why do we slackline? I know why I slackline, but honestly I think that hearing it from upwards of 20 different people explains it a lot better than I  ever could. Here are some of the responses that I got! Enjoy them. and feel free to add your own reason in the comments section!



      • Sam Salwei A wonderful tool that cuts away all the crap allowing you to see your true essence....instantly!
        Yesterday at 10:42am ·  ·  1 person
      • Brenden Gebhart I feel how life should be when I'm on the line.
        Yesterday at 10:43am · 
      • Gabriel Aglio I don't know, I just love!
        Yesterday at 10:46am ·  ·  1 person
      • Tony Sukiennik Slacklining has allowed me to continue to stretch my limits even though my aging joints continue to try to limit me... But more important than physical balance, being able to mentally balance wanting to accomplish a goal without wanting it so much that you can't function at your peak is why I am enthusiastic to be a Slackliner...
        Yesterday at 11:17am · 
      • Julia Gebhardt it´s kind of space.
        Yesterday at 11:17am · 
      • Stevie Greenwald Slackling is everything. It instills a sense of wonder yet anyone can learn it. It can be as simple as some webbing and some trees or as complex as a doubly redundant highline deep in the mountains. It is as relaxed as yoga or as intense as skating a half pipe. It's the one think anyone would need while stranded on a desert island.
        Yesterday at 11:19am · 
      • Emily Sukiennik i am loving these!!! keep 'em comin :)
        Yesterday at 11:23am · 
      • Megan Drewyor Calms the mind and scults the body
        Yesterday at 11:40am · 
      • Philipp Freudigmann Since I started slacklining my family has just grown so much! Luv it!
        Yesterday at 12:19pm ·  ·  1 person
      • Cody Peterson When ur on the line its feels like everything that's wrong in ur life doesn't matter anymore!
        Yesterday at 12:32pm · 
      • Paris Slack turn out ur brain for few intens minutes!!!
        Yesterday at 12:40pm · 
      • Thomas Sloss Balance.
        22 hours ago · 
      • Jordan Tybon money and bitches.
        22 hours ago · 
      • Dylan Buffington I'm with Jordan! and . . . everyone else!
        22 hours ago · 
      • James Gallerani Jr Because everyone's just walking around on their damn cellphones now. It's nice to relax, get on the line, and socialize. Often it stops passers by in their tracks.
        20 hours ago · 
      • Thibaut Zwolinski just feel the balance of life i think... all is about balance. Slackline show it.
        20 hours ago · 
      • Jono Armstrong Babes, chicks, ladies, and hoes.
        20 hours ago ·  ·  1 person
      • Brent Cain because it added BALANCE and ZEN LIKE FOCUS to my life like nothing i have ever seen or experienced!
        16 hours ago · 
      • Emily Hodge 
        that's a good question. I ask myself that sometimes. why the heck do I love slacklining?? I think because it constantly challenges me, forces me to set goals, cures my boredom, makes me overcome my fears, makes me focus on breathing. It can...See More
        16 hours ago ·  ·  1 person
      • Jeremy Louis Because you can be active and lazy at the same time!
        14 hours ago ·  ·  2 people
      • Andrew Tysinger Because it can be as relaxing or intense as you want, depending on how you feel. It also trains a physical attribute we use every day.
        14 hours ago · 
      • Ross John Miller to keep from being a square.
        12 hours ago · 
      • Emily Sukiennik i love all these responses guys, thanks so much!
        a few seconds ago ·