My photo
Sedona, Arizona, United States
~Adventure Seeker ~ Animal Lover ~ Lifetime Learner ~ Battling Lyme ~ Contact: emily.sukiennik@me.com

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oakley Women's Retreat : Napa Valley, CA

I've had a wonderful beginning to my July! I recently won an ambassadorship with Oakley through their Perform Beautifully Contest and I was invited to attend their annual Women's Retreat in Napa Valley, California. I got to meet all of the new ambassadors for 2012 that also won the competition, some 2011 ambassadors and so many other inspirational women involved with the company. I learned a lot more about the brand, their products and what they stand for. I am so excited to be involved with a company that supports SO many different walks of life and ways of staying active. There are so many amazing women in the world and Oakley is doing a great job at representing them.

The retreat was UNREAL. I didn't really know what to expect before I got there, but it was out of this  world. Held at a resort right in the heart of Napa Valley, we each had our own suite. We were SHOWERED with Oakley gear, brand new Asics running shoes, a new Garmin wrist watch with GPS capabilities, a package from Fitness Magazine, and lots of other odds and ends. We ran a 5K, biked through Napa while stopping at 3 separate wineries for tasting, hiked, ate tons of great food, got to know each other and made some amazing new connections. I never really thought I'd be so lucky, but it looks like I've found an extremely supportive community of women!


Below is a video of the weekend that Oakley put together and some pics as well! All pics are by Shawn Parkin

           



Welcome to Napa!


The 5K at Trefethen Family Vineyards
Some of us on our TREK bikes before the bike ride/wine tour :)
A whole bunch of Oakley Women overtaking Napa!
Me and two of my fellow ambassadors, Page Spicer Williams and Christine Donaldson. Check out their sites!

On the hike

Beautiful ambassador ladies!

The 2012 Oakley Women Ambassadors
Page Spicer Williams, Fitz Koehler, Charlotte Neitzel, Natalia Maldonado, Carly Swanson, Maria Romaine, AJ Govoni, Me, Christine Donaldson and Cari Shoemate
I think I fell in love with road biking on this trip